0205 Wilton Course 1
|monetization_on $285.00||Beginner||place Serangoon Studio|
|5 seats left!|
|4 sessions total|
05/02/2020, 10am - 1pm
07/02/2020, 10am - 1pm
12/02/2020, 10am - 1pm
14/02/2020, 10am - 1pm
Wilton Course 1 - BUILDING BUTTERCREAM SKILLS
Building Buttercream Skills is a course for beginners who are keen to embark on cake and cupcake decorating projects. Your Wilton Method Certified Instructor (WMI) will help and guide you throughout the class. When you complete Course 1, you’ll be proud of the new techniques you’ve learned and ready to showcase them on your next project.
- How to ice and decorate a cake and cupcakes.
- How to create 6 different buttercream flowers.
- How to pipe lines, borders, letters and intricate designs on the cakes and cupcakes.
- How to transfer images onto a cake.
- How to make buttercream with the correct consistency.
- How to fill and use a decorating bag.
- Sessions: 5th, 7th, 12th and 14th of February
- Duration: 4 sessions of 3 hours each
- Type: Cake Decorating
- Minimum age: 14 years old
- All classes will conduct in English.
- Equipment, tools, ingredients, apron and boxes will be provided.
- Official Wilton Course 1 Kit will be given to students.
- Bring a pen for taking notes.
- Students will receive a certificate of merit upon completion of the course.
- An All Star Certificate is awarded to a student who has completed Course 1,2,3, and one Wilton Project Class.
Wilton Class Terms and Conditions
- Minimum age: 14 years old
- Wilton Certificate is awarded only for FULL Attendance and work assessed by the WMI instructor to be up to minimum expectation.
- Only paid and registered participants may join the class.
- Class starts on time. If class has already started for 20 mins or more, latecomers will not be admitted to the class. No refunds will be given.
- All remaining ingredients and tools are to remain in the baking studio.
- Participants are required to wash up during and after class. General housekeeping is expected of each participant.
- General social etiquette and decorum during class is expected from each participant.
- Classes may be cancelled two days before class start date due to the following reasons:
- Minimum number of students is not attained.
- Chef/ Instructor can no longer make it for class.
- In the event that class is cancelled, an email will be sent to inform of the cancellation. A full refund will be given.
- Refund or transfer of class on course date is strictly not allowed except for the following reasons:
- On medical grounds with an medical certificate (MC) with the same date as class date. MC must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within three (3) working days. No further refund or transfer of course will be entertained after the three (3) working days grace period.
- On compassionate grounds.
- Refund process is dependent on the mode of payment used.
- Paid by Cash – Refund by cheque or bank transfer. This will take about 3-5 working days
- Paid by Paypal/Visa/Mastercard – Refund will take 5-7working days.
- Paid by Credit Card – Refund will be reflected on next credit card statement.
Chef Mong (WMI)
She has been teaching cake decoration and conducting culinary classes for the past 10 years in various establishment like Phoon Huat, Miele and community centres. Some of her featured works include a cake commissioned by St Vincent De Paul's church for its 120th anniversary, which appeared on the front page of the Straits Times. She has also been feature in Channel 8 "处处有艺术". Chef Mong discovered her passion in cakes and pastries while living in Hong Kong. She advanced her passion and skills by attending the Wilton Masters Course in United States and became a Wilton Method Instructor achieving the milestone of having taught 250 students. She also under went more technical training in UK with Squires Kitchen, PME and Le Cordon Bleu. Being very much a foodie and a mother to a voracious family of five, Chef Mong continuously strives to hone her culinary skills, most of which to placate the taste buds of her discerning daughters and fastidious husband.