Longan Bread & Sourdough Scones
|monetization_on $70.00 $70.00 $70.00||Beginner||place Sims Lane Studio|
|12 seats left!|
|16 seats left!|
|19 seats left!|
|Single Session Single Session Single Session|
19/09/2019, 1:30 - 5pm
19/09/2019, 7 - 10:30pm
20/09/2019, 1:30 - 5pm
Wholemeal Rye Bread infused with Longan & Raisin Water and Carrot Onion Cheese Sourdough Scones
Delicately scented with the sweet summery scent of longan and the sun ripped intensity of raisins, this bread is best eaten on its own. If you're feeling sinful, lathering on a thick slab of cold salted butter would
Enjoy your unique sourdough scones on a balmy Singapore Saturday afternoon. Best shared with friends and paired with sweet milk tea.
- The proper techniques in mixing dough
- How to develop the sourdough
- How to shape the dough
- The the right way to proof
- How to hand knead
- Why the sourdough for scone?
- How to get thickness of the scone right
- How to get right temperature for baking
- Recipe: 2
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Take home portion: 6 inch loaf and 6 scones
- Type: Hands-On
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- All classes are conducted in English.
- Equipment, tools, ingredients, apron and boxes will be provided.
- Bring a pen for taking notes.
- Participants may have to work in groups depending on class recipe.
Terms and Conditions
- Only paid and registered participants may join the class.
- Class starts on time. If class has already started for 20 mins or more, latecomers will not be admitted to the class. No refunds will be given.
- All remaining ingredients and tools are to remain in the baking studio.
- Participants are required to wash up during and after class. General housekeeping is expected of each participant.
- General social etiquette and decorum during class is expected from each participant.
- Classes may be cancelled two days before class start date due to the following reasons:
- Minimum number of students is not attained.
- Chef/ Instructor can no longer make it for class.
- In the event that class is cancelled, an email will be sent to inform of the cancellation. A full refund will be given.
- Refund or transfer of class on course date is strictly not allowed except for the following reasons:
- On medical grounds with an medical certificate (MC) with the same date as class date. MC must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within three (3) working days. No further refund or transfer of course will be entertained after the three (3) working days grace period.
- On compassionate grounds.
- Refund process is dependent on the mode of payment used.
- Paid by Cash – Refund by cheque or bank transfer. This will take about 3-5 working days
- Paid by Paypal/Visa/Mastercard – Refund will take 5-7working days.
- Paid by Credit Card – Refund will be reflected on next credit card statement.
Chef Patrick Pang
Chef Patrick is a veteran in area of cakes, bread and pastries. He helmed the fort as a pastry chef in the hotel industry for over 15 years. He travels often to Cambodia and Philippines to conduct demos and training for the REDMAN brand. Amidst his busy schedule, he continued to impart his wealth of knowledge and love for the trade to his students at Phoon Huat for almost 20 years and still loving what he does.